Call for Papers
eDemocracy and eGovernment for and by Researchers, Politicians and Practitioners
including a Panel Discussion and Workshops on Smart Cities organized by the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe
The conference addresses public sector practitioners and policy makers, industry professionals and academia alike. The disciplines covered are primarily information sciences, law and administrative science, political science, sociology and economics. Theoretical and empirical contributions are equally welcome. We especially encourage submissions addressing the European Union in general, the Danube Region and the Balkans, Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
The conference deals with the latest developments in the fields of eDemocracy and eGovernment with a special focus on governance in the Danube Region. It aims at analyzing innovations in enhancing the quality and efficiency of administrative processes and public services, and in promoting the dialogue and cooperation between politics, administration, civil society and citizen through the use of information technologies.
Papers are solicited in all areas of applying ICT to the Public Sector. The conference will particularly focus on, but not limit itself to, the following topics:
- Identity management for individuals,
- Privacy and data protection (including Cyber Security),
- eDemocracy on all levels (e.g., new forms of citizen participation, internet in political campaigns, eVoting),
- The role of the internet in revolutions and in transition processes,
- Transparency and anti-corruption
- eTools to help establish a European public space,
- Open data,
- Legal aspects of eGovernment and eDemocracy,
- Economic and social impact of eGovernment and eDemocracy,
- Enabling the Digital Single Market
The conference language will be English only. Papers will be subjected to a double-blind review process and published by the Austrian Computer Society.
- Andrássy University Budapest (AUB)
- Austrian Computer Society (OCG)
- Austrian Institute for European Law and Policy (AIELP)
- Information Society Development Institute, Moldova (ISDI)
- National University of Public Service Budapest (NUPS)
- University of Public Administration and Finance Ludwigsburg (HVF)
Timeline and organisation
A two-stage selection process is to apply:
Oct 1, 2017: Abstract submission (approx. 200 words), abstracts not reviewed but checked whether they are in scope Oct 15, 2017: Notification of whether the abstract is in scope combined with the invitation to submit the full conference paper
- Dec 15, 2017: Paper submission (max. 10 pages), double blind full paper review according to scientific standards
- Jan 15, 2018: Reviews out
- March 1, 2018: “Camera-ready” papers due (standard OCG format available)
- April 25, 2018: Volume available
- May 3-4, 2018: Conference
Organisation and Contact
Please submit your abstracts/papers to email@example.com.