Call for Papers
Paper Submission Deadline: March 31, 2023
Special Conference Theme
The CEEE|Gov Days 2023 are dedicated to all aspects of Public Sector ICT, however, every year a special topic is chosen, which also dominates keynotes and panel discussion. This year we decided that in times of highly expensive CO2-based fuels and reducing CO2 emissions Public Transport and New Forms of Mobility should be in the focus of the conference. Both are highly linked to e|Gov and at least partly to e|Dem, because planning and operating Public Transport depends on data and is a main application of Smart Cities. New forms of Mobility are often associated with sharing, which raises issues with ICT and of course data protection.
The conference addresses public sector practitioners and policy makers, industry professionals and academia alike. The disciplines covered are primarily information sciences, law and administrative science, political science, sociology and economics. Theoretical and empirical contributions are equally welcome. We especially encourage submissions addressing the European Union in general, the Danube Region, the Balkans and Eastern Europe.
Beyond the general theme, papers are solicited in all areas of applying ICT to the Public Sector. The conference will particularly focus on, but not limit itself to, the following topics:
- Electronic Administration services both back office and in communication with the citizen,
- Identity management for individuals,
- Privacy and data protection (including Cyber Security),
- eDemocracy on all levels (e.g., new forms of citizen participation, internet in political campaigns, eVoting),
- The role of the internet in revolutions and in transition processes,
- Transparency and anti-corruption,
- eTools to help establish a European public space,
- Open Data,
- Public transport and public organization of mobility
- Legal aspects of eGovernment and eDemocracy,
- Economic and social impact of eGovernment and eDemocracy,
- Enabling the Digital Single Market
The conference language will be English only. Papers will be subjected to a double-blind review process and published at ICPS.
- Hochschule für öffentliche Verwaltung und Finanzen Ludwigsburg
- Austrian Computer Society (OCG)
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME)
- Information Society Development Institute, Moldova (ISDI)
- University of Public Service, Budapest Ludovika (Ludovika-UPS)
- Pavol Jozef Šafárik University, Košice
Timeline and organisation
Paper submission: March 31, 2023, please use the format provided on the conference web page
Reviews out: April 30, 2023
Rights transfer: May 15, 2023
Final paper submission: July 31, 2023
Conference: September 14-15, 2023
In order to ensure timely publication, absolutely no extensions will be granted.
Organisation and Contact
Please submit your abstracts/papers to firstname.lastname@example.org
A template will be made available for the paper preparation and can be found on the website of the conference.