Call for Papers
Paper Submission Deadline: January 31, 2021
CfP for download (pdf)
Special Conference Theme
The CEEeGov Days are dedicated to all aspects of Public Sector ICT, however, every year a special topic is chosen, which also dominates keynotes and panel discussion. This time the choice was an obvious one – CoV-19 and its vast repercussions on digital public services. Sending administrative staff to home office due to a pandemic “lockdown” brutally exposed shortcomings in public-sector digitization: Crime suspects had to be released because public prosecutors could not issue warrants from their home office, building permits were not granted for months for lack of electronic files, school education virtually breaking down because digital means of remote teaching were not available. This raises the question, whether Corona may turn out to be the ultimate boost for digitization in these domains and whether administrations with better levels of digitization also fared better during these months, but also whether there are limits of what can be done digitally.
The conference addresses public sector practitioners and policy makers, industry professionals and academia alike. The disciplines covered are primarily information sciences, law and administrative science, political science, sociology and economics. Theoretical and empirical contributions are equally welcome. We especially encourage submissions addressing the European Union in general, the Danube Region, the Balkans and Eastern Europe.
Beyond the general theme, papers are solicited in all areas of applying ICT to the Public Sector. The conference will particularly focus on, but not limit itself to, the following topics:
- Electronic Administration services both back office and in communication with the citizen and businesses,
- Identity management for individuals,
- Privacy and data protection (including Cyber Security),
- eDemocracy on all levels (e.g., new forms of citizen participation, internet in political campaigns, eVoting),
- The role of the internet in revolutions and in transition processes,
- Transparency and anti-corruption,
- eTools to help establish a European public space,
- Open Data,
- Legal aspects of eGovernment and eDemocracy,
- Economic and social impact of eGovernment and eDemocracy,
- Enabling the Digital Single Market
The conference language will be English only. Papers will be subjected to a double-blind review process and published jointly by Facultas and the Austrian Computer Society.
Note on CoV-19
The conference organizers cannot foresee the state of the pandemic in May 2021. Therefore, several alternative arrangements are considered:
- “Classical” presence conference, which we consider as our “target”;
- Distributed conference taking place at some of the organizing institutions to enable at least local in-person networking by participants with large-screen video streaming and interactive Q&A between locations;
- Pure video format.
In any case, the conference volume will appear as book and on the OCG Open Access Platform as it did in 2020.
- Austrian Computer Society (OCG)
- Babeş-Bolyai University, Cluj (BBU)
- Federal University of Applied Administrative Sciences, Münster (HSB)
- Information Society Development Institute, Moldova (ISDI)
- National University of Public Service, Budapest (NUPS)
- University of Public Administration and Finance, Ludwigsburg (HVF)
Timeline and organisation
A two-stage selection process is to apply:
Nov 30, 2020: Abstract submission (approx. 200 words), abstracts not reviewed but checked whether they are in scope Dec 15, 2020: Notification of whether the abstract is in scope combined with the invitation to submit the full conference paper
- Jan 31, 2021 Paper submission (max. 10 pages), double blind full paper review according to scientific standards
- Feb 28, 2021: Reviews out
- March 18, 2020: “Camera-ready” papers due (standard OCG format available)
- May 3, 2020: Volume available
- May 10-11, 2021: Conference
Organisation and Contact
Please submit your abstracts/papers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A template will be made available for the paper preparation and can be found on the website of the conference.